So a post featuring a cookie shaped as a Wookie should be a clear indication that I like “Star Wars.” But in case you weren’t clear, I grew up on “Star Wars”, I have twins that are not named Luke and Leia (my wife’s fault) and we will all be trick-or-treating next year as the Skywalker clan!
At any rate, I was crazy enough to just pull this together because my wife and daughter went to a concert leaving my son and I together for the evening. We had a “Star Wars” day featuring a Wookie Cookie, SW Trouble and Episode I (his choice). That said this peanut butter cookie and the frosting can obviously be made separately or together and do not have to be Wookie shaped. But if you did that, it would not be a Wookie Cookie – and that’s just nutty! 😉
Peanut Butter Cookie
2.5 cups (600 g) GF flour
.5 tsp (2.5 g) baking soda
.5 tsp (2.5 g) salt
1 cup (250 g) butter
1 cup (250 g) peanut butter
3/4 cup (180 g) brown sugar
3/4 cup (180 g) sugar
1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together in a blender.
- Blend in the sugar followed by the eggs and vanilla. Ensure that you are scraping the sides to get everything mixed well.
- Add in the flour and other dry ingredients, again scraping the sides to ensure even mixing.
- Roll it out as one big sheet on a piece of parchment paper atop a cookie sheet.
- Cook at 350 for about half an hour. The edges will be slightly browned and the middle just about the height of the rest of the cookie when it is done. As a note in a convection oven, it takes about 20-22 minutes.
- Make one recipe of Chocolate Frosting.
- Cut the baked cookie to in a head shape with no discernible neck – like it was just a girl with long hair. Then cut small pieces out of the bottom to form the head fur bottom.
- With a star tip, pipe on the hair.
- For the teeth and eyes use primarily white chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips for the irises and the nose. Add a cut pink marshmallow for the tongue and there you have a wookie!