I’m not sure if you’ve noticed yet, but I love breakfast foods and I love pork. Such a versatile meat, bacon, sausage, bacon, roast, chops – it’s all good. When I can combine the two it’s even better!
And one of the other things I like is breakfast casseroles. This is a fantastic new version – based on nachos and fused with Italian flavours. Featuring Italian Baked Potato Chips as the bottom layer, then some cheese and Italian sausage, it’s finally topped with eggs and more cheese. This could just as easily feature Mexican flavours – use Mexican Chorizo, Mexican Seasoning on the chips and Cilantro instead of Oregano.
Huevos Nachos Italiano
Italian Baked Potato Chips
8 oz. spicy Italian sausage
1 red onion
8 oz Pepper Jack
1 tbsp minced garlic
diced green onions
- Make a recipe of Italian Baked Potato Chips.
- Fry the sausage out of its casing along with the diced red onions.
- Layer the chips on the bottom of a pie pan or small casserole pan and then put the sliced Pepper Jack on top of the chips.
- Next layer the sausage and onions on top.
- Scramble the eggs along with the garlic and oregano.
- Layer the eggs and then the shredded cheese over the top of the eggs.
- Bake at 475 for about 6 minutes.
- Once baked arrange the diced tomatoes and green onions over the top. Serve hot!