A few years before Celiac Diagnosis, I was diagnosed with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. It was because of that diagnosis that I was further diagnosed with Celiac’s. Now I have to watch not only my lack of gluten consumption, but also my fat intake.
So I started at that time looking for recipes that were flavourful and low fat. I found a recipe for baked asparagus and then altered it a bit. OK, so I added a bit of fat back in with the Parmesan cheese but it was so much better than the lemon. Here you go – remember Gluten Free is not Taste Free!
1 bunch asparagus
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil while your oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- Wash your asparagus. After washing bend each stalk until it breaks, then throw out the stalk end keeping the bushy end. These are the pieces you want, below the break would be bitter.
- Place your asparagus on the sheet in rows.
- Mix all of your other ingredients together and then brush the paste over the stalks.
- Cook for about 10 minutes turning at the five minute mark. If you’re not using convection cook for about 12 minutes.