This recipe is a fave of mine and the family. And easy to convert from gluten-filled to GF!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Alfredo sauce (see below)
Cajun Seasoning (see recipe here)
Chicken (I like BLSL thighs – more flavour)
Red onions, julienned
Green onions, diced
GF pasta (typically linguine, but you can use whatever you like)
- Cook your chicken with some of the Cajun Seasoning, red onions and minced garlic.
- At the same time, make your Alfredo, cook your pasta and steam your broccoli.
- When the chicken, pasta and sauce are done, plate in this order: pasta, sauce, chicken (strained if you don’t want the dish too runny), broccoli, tomatoes, green onions and bacon.
Note: If you want a non-spicy version, season the chicken with Oregano, Basil, Parsley and maybe some seasoning salt. If you want Gluten, then don’t worry about Label Hawkin!
1/2 cup (125 g) butter
8 ounce (225 g) cream cheese
2 tsp (10 g) garlic powder
2 cups (500 ml) milk
6 ounces (180 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.